Winter Fruit Macaroons
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2-1/4 cups coarsely chopped dates
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. Thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2014
I was really disappointed in these because the recipe looked so good. I mixed and measured everything exactly..... when I took the cookie tray out of the oven after 10 minutes, they were golden brown, but each cookie was sitting in a little puddle of milk. After 5 minutes of cooling, I could not scoop them off the tray with a spatula without making a gooey mess, they would not hold together. So I let them sit longer and still did not have any more success. I did use parchment paper on the trays. Maybe if I try them again I will use 3/4 of the milk called for.