This garlic chicken is great over cooked brown rice or your favorite pasta. Don't forget a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, too. —Heather Esposito, Rome, New York
Recommended: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes; serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as White Wine Garlic Chicken in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews forWhite Wine Garlic Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2018
"Made the recipe as is and it was great."