- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salad croutons
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes, vegetables, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduced heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetarian Vegetable Soup
"Very simple and simple to make."
"Super simple and fresh tasting soup."
"A definite keeper. I cook for the local Moose Lodge -- made this today for lunch. Even customers who don't care for veggie soup said this was really good. It's part of my permanent collection and will be made many times in the coming years. I was short of marjoram so I added a bit of basil."