Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) pitted dried plums, halved
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the sweet potatoes, carrots and plums. Combine the orange juice, water, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; dot with butter. Bake 45-60 minutes longer, carefully stirring every 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2016
Looking for a recipe for Passover next week. I'll try this but without the butter. Who uses butter on Passover?? It's not kosher, but I guess it would work for a vegetarian seder.
Apr 16, 2014
I loved it, I cooked it right in roaster with my chicken and it came out beautiful. My package of plums was only 6 ounces but it was enough and I used real fresh juiced oranges and it was wonderful, very sweet though, you won't need a dessert.
Oct 29, 2013
Very easy, very good, makes tons!
Mar 25, 2013
Made this recipe for family Seder dinner last year and they requested it again this year. It's great, but I confess to substituting dates for the pitted plums.