Mom’s Turkey Tetrazzini
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; whisk in wine until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Drain fettuccine. Layer half of the fettuccine, turkey mixture and cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 516 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Jan 4, 2015
Wonderful flavor to this dish. However, if made as written, it's way too dry. I would recommend either doubling the sauce ingredients, or cutting in half the amount of pasta. I added chopped celery to it, which also gave it a great flavor. I will definitely make it again, next time with more sauce.
Sep 20, 2013
My family loved this dish, Will definitely make it again!
Oct 2, 2012
A really good meal that was a hit with everyone in my family.
May 15, 2012
Great and easy recipe. Next time I would make a little more of the the sauce. I also added broccoli which my daughter loved!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.