Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled papaya
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine papaya, beans, avocado, corn, raisins, cilantro, orange juice, peppers, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, sugar and salt.
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chili pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Top salad with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons
"Dressing was delicious and the flavors came together nicely."
"I never waste my time writing a review, but this recipe was too good not to. Highly recommended!"
"Awesome and no guilt because it is so healthy....all the flavors in one dish make it one I will certainly be making again!"
"I think this salad is fantastic. I loved all the mild flavors together--from the beans, avocado, papaya, and corn, but then you get some nice heat from the serrano peppers and some sweetness from the raisins. Sweet and spicy are a great combination. I didn't really care for the tortilla strips. I felt like they were missing something. Maybe some salt, so I just make the salad without them now. Also, my husband doesn't care for cilantro, so I didn't add it to the salad, and I didn't feel that there was anything missing from the salad by not including it. I loved it!"
"We all LOVED this salad!!"
"It sounds delicious, but I have an intolerance to vinegar. I'm considering the recipe with pineapple juice rather than the cider vinegar. Any other suggestions?"