VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, combine the macaroni, tomatoes and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cover and heat 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Macaroni Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p12