- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (16 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, lemon juice and peel. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with all the blueberries. Repeat with remaining cake pieces and lemon mixture. Top with all the raspberries.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over raspberries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forThree-Berry Lemon Trifle
"This is one of our favorite summer time desserts."
"This is heaven in a bowl!! I'm not an angel food cake lover, but this is divine! Will make again but next time will do a combination of all 3 berries on each berry layer, to be sure every serving has every berry......delish!"
"This is a family favorite. I have made it several times and will continue to make it. I made the recipe just as it is; no changes are necessary."
"I added blackberries to top and topped with 2 lemon wedges with orange peel around it. I did the math it was 119 calories per serving. Tasted amazing!!! Thank you very much, everybody loved it."
"This was light, and fluffy, and tasty all over. It goes away very fast at a gathering."