- 14 to 15 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13x9-in. dish with half of the graham crackers, breaking crackers to fit as needed.
- Whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes; let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping; spread evenly over crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter until melted; stir until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread over top. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forThelma's Chocolate Eclair
"This is a good recipe but "You" didn't "create" this, it's been around for a very long time. I got my copy in the 70's. Give credit where credit is due, if you don't know who created it, SAY SO."
"Took this to a party on Saturday. Probably one of the easiest things I've ever made & everyone loved it. I have to say, the graham crackers soften just enough & really sort of taste like the pastry in a "real" eclair. I splurged & used the "Extra Creamy" Cool whip. YUM! This would probably be good with other flavors of pudding, too."
"I was disappointed. Perhaps if it hadn't been called an eclair. An eclair has that wonderful pastry (pate choix). I do like the idea of using frozen custard instead of the pkg pudding."
"Laughingloudly where it says mix in remaining ingredients.Those are the remaining ingredients"
"I doubt you came up with this recipe since it's been around forever. Make a home made custard instead of using boxes, it will be much better."
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we've got A WINNER!I tried this last night. I made it exactly like the recipe (French Vanilla Pudding) and only got it into the fridge at 12:30 p.m.. Then took it at 6:00 to a Home Depot DoItHerself workshop. I can't tell you how pleased I was with this recipe! I had in excess of 30 people come up to me and rave about it, wanting the recipe and saying that it was delicious, fabulous, wonderful, the best thing I ever put in my mouth, fantastic, exquisite, incredibly good, etc. Even the man giving part of the demo wanted it …right now! and he whipped out his phone and I talked him through and he found and saved the recipe for this Absolute Delight! He said he was making this today, Friday, while his kids are in school. Thank you for so kindly sharing this great recipe, Thelma.I am making it again Sunday - will chill overnight this time - and take it to a potluck dinner Monday night and knock their socks off, too! I find the greatest recipes on this site!!!! You guys ROCK!"
"I made this the other day for a ladies get-together. While it was easy enough, there was nothing that said WOW to my tastebuds. I would just rate this average. Made exactly according to recipe."
"some ppl really should not b in a kitchen or even cooking"