Sugar-free Chocolate Eclairs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- VANILLA FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; seal.
- Cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe eight 3-1/2-in. logs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each to allow stream to escape; cool. Split and set the tops aside. Discard soft dough inside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs; replace tops. Spread with chocolate topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2014
Came across this recipe and was wondering if anyone Could tell me if i could use gluten free flour instead of reg flour and almond milk instead of reg milk and heavy cream in this recipe
Apr 19, 2014
I've made these twice now, and they are always good. I'm making them to take to my in-laws tomorrow. Both my father-in-law and my husband are diabetic so these more diabetic- friendly than regular eclairs. I do have one question that I wish someone could answer; is there a way to guarantee that they will form properly, or is it a hit and miss kind of thing? I always have a problem with the shells not hardening all the way in random spots. Is there a fix for this, something that I am doing incorrectly?
Oct 17, 2013
My family loves these eclairs!
Feb 22, 2012
Very tasty and easy. I did use a full box of pudding each for the filling and topping.
May 3, 2011
This was amazing! I had my family rate it on how many stars (on a scale of 1-5) they would give it and it got a 6! I thought this was amazing! The fat wasn't missed and neither was the carbs! It's a keeper!
Mar 3, 2011
These eclairs are sooo good. And VERY easy to make. Not real time consuming. Will be making them again.Thank you Dorothy for sharing your recipe.
Jun 3, 2009
I have made these a few times.. they are soooo good!
May 28, 2009
Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try these!