Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Cookies
I need to avoid gluten and have tried transforming my favorite recipes to fit my diet. I came up with these cakelike cookies, and no one ever guesses that they’re gluten-free.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Stir in egg whites and coffee liqueur until batter resembles frosting. Add walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 82 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.