Gluten-Free Chocolate Snack Mix
Being gluten-intolerant, I experiment with a lot of recipes. This sweet snack is fun for kids and adults alike! —Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, cashews and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add the coconut, honey, cocoa, extract and cinnamon; stir until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's Note: Read all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 182 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 20, 2014
Easy to mix up and very tasty.
Feb 23, 2013
HI , Nice recipe !! You can also try out Tofu Veggie Rice !! To Know more about Tofu Veggie Rice . Visit : http://www.justforhearts.org/1-tofu-veggie-rice/