Tender Whole Wheat Muffins
Simple whole wheat muffins are wonderful paired with soup or spread with a little jam for breakfast. —Kristine Chayes, Smithtown, NY
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.