Tempting Pork Tenderloin Burgers
Pork tenderloin is a family favorite at my house. I’m always looking for new ways to cook it, so I came up with this burger recipe for an easy weeknight dinner. Chopped prunes, dried figs or dried blueberries can be substituted for the dried cranberries with great success! —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cubed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Arugula or baby spinach
- In a large bowl, mix first four ingredients. In a food processor, pulse pork until finely chopped. Add to egg white mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Mix mustard, mayonnaise and syrup.
- Place patties on an oiled grill rack; grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes per side. Serve in buns with arugula and mustard mixture.