Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 medium Red Delicious, Gala or Cortland apple, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter until blended; press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes; let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
- Just before serving, top with apples; drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2014
Every time I make this it is a hit! My all time favorite dessert!!
Oct 7, 2014
an amazing dessert !! can't wait to make it again for a church function ,delicious my family loved it !
Jun 24, 2014
Very delicious dessert! I didn't have caramel, so I used peanut butter topping - just as good!
Dec 17, 2013
AMAZING!! The combination of flavors was delightful. You know it is good when you can't wait to have an excuse to make it again!
Oct 8, 2013
Nov 23, 2012
Made it for Thanksgiving and it was a fav of the crowd.
Nov 20, 2012
i took this to a church dinner and,everyone loved it,they almost lick the dish.then they asked for the recipe
Nov 20, 2012
i took this to a church dinner and,everyone loved it,they almost lick the dish
Oct 9, 2012
This new recipe will become a fall favorite from now on - I made it for my ladies club meeting and they went wild over it. Planning to make it agin this week for a church group meeting.