Tangy Asparagus Potato Salad
I look forward to making this recipe whenever asparagus season rolls around. It's been a family favorite for years. —Debbie Konietzki, Neenah, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; add asparagus. In a small bowl, combine the mustard and lemon juice; whisk in oil until combined. Add the chives, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 172 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as New Potato and Asparagus Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.