Sweet & Savory Cream Cheese Spread
Of all the appetizers I serve, this tempting cheese spread is the most popular. It has the right combo of sweet and savory flavors our kids love. The warm topping makes it a standout! —Lee Ann Miller, Millersburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, onion and garlic salt. Shape into a disk; transfer to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 140 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Cream Cheese in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.