Sweet & Savory Cream Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, onion and garlic salt. Shape into a disk; transfer to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 140 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 4, 2019
The sauce was way too full of pecans. It was like carmelized pecans. I melted butter and brown sugar together and added it. Still way too hard. I dumped the whole thing out of the pan and finely chopped the hard mixture. I started over with the sauce being careful not to cook the mixture very much. Then I added about half of the finely chopped nut mixture and spooned it over the cream cheese. Have not tried it yet, but it will probably be good with crackers. I dumped the stuff out of the pan and finely chopped everything. The. I