Sweet & Savory Cream Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, onion and garlic salt. Shape into a disk; transfer to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 140 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 14, 2019
No matter where I take this everyone loves it!
Jun 4, 2019
The sauce was way too full of pecans. It was like carmelized pecans. I melted butter and brown sugar together and added it. Still way too hard. I dumped the whole thing out of the pan and finely chopped the hard mixture. I started over with the sauce being careful not to cook the mixture very much. Then I added about half of the finely chopped nut mixture and spooned it over the cream cheese. Have not tried it yet, but it will probably be good with crackers. I dumped the stuff out of the pan and finely chopped everything. The. I