Sweet Almond Twists
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup almond cake and pastry filling
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface; roll each sheet into a 15x10-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rectangles. Spread pastry filling over one rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges; sprinkle with almonds. Top with remaining pastry, egg wash side down, pressing lightly.
- Brush top with egg wash. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each rectangle crosswise into 16 strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times. Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 twist: 101 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2019
Apparently I can't edit my review- on further reflection (by which I mean eating), I'd say skip the outer egg wash all together. Also, the almond flavor is delicate. If you want stronger, double the paste, put it on both sheets. I'm going to do that next time- I think that will help the splitting too.
Jul 12, 2018