A very dear friend gave me this recipe so I make these to remind me of our time together. I like to drizzle melted white chocolate or chocolate chips on the baked cookies.—Paula Prechtl, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs, then ricotta cheese and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, divide in half and shape each into a 3-in. rope. (If dough is soft, work in batches and keep remaining dough chilled until ready to shape.) Twist two ropes around each other, pinching and tucking under ends. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted baking chips over cookies; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Almond Biscotti in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014