A very dear friend gave me this recipe so I make these to remind me of our time together. I like to drizzle melted white chocolate or chocolate chips on the baked cookies.—Paula Prechtl, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs, then ricotta cheese and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, divide in half and shape each into a 3-in. rope. (If dough is soft, work in batches and keep remaining dough chilled until ready to shape.) Twist two ropes around each other, pinching and tucking under ends. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted baking chips over cookies; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Originally published as Almond Biscotti in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.