Sugar-Free Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.5 ounces each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat for 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Add pumpkin and spices; beat 1 minute longer. Pour into pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. If desired, garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 217 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 9, 2016
this was very tasty, but mine did not firm up. do you use large size pudding, that serves four?
Sep 24, 2010
Made this pie several years back for Thanksgiving (mother-in-law diabetic). Actually my daughter and I fixed a Weight Watchers' Thanksgiving that year. We even had sugar-free banana pudding. Everything was sugar-free, low fat and very healthy. One brother-in-law says he never eats anything sugar-free. He ate this pie and also some banana pudding and never even knew the difference. Since then I lost my cookbook (lost everything when house burned) that this recipe was in and have decided to locate a copy here.
Oct 11, 2008
I made this today for the first time and it didn't firm up at all, even after being left in the fridge for 6 hours. Not sure what went wrong, as I followed the directions exactly and didn't modify any of the ingredients. It made for a nice tasting pudding though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.