Orange Chiffon Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Oranges slices
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add juices and zest. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 342 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2010
My mother has used this recipe for years. I always thought it was wonderful but I never made it myself until recently. I didn't know how easy it is or I would've tried it a long time ago.