Easy Chiffon Pie
"This recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago while we were attending a weight-loss class," writes Gale Spross from Wills Point, Texas. "I always feel guilt-free when I eat this tight and fluffy strawberry pie...and my family loves it."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cps cold water
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped topping and 2 cups of strawberries. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with the remaining strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 138 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Mar 1, 2011
It was pretty good for a healthier recipe. The main drawback is that I am single and it is hard to eat a whole pie before the strawberries go bad...so if I make it again, I will take it some place where I won't be the only one eating it!