I invented this roast chicken to prove goat cheese really is delish. I served it to my skeptical family without telling them, and they gobbled it up. But any soft cheese will do. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, DE
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast; place in a bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup dressing; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Crumble goat cheese; reserve 1/2 cup cheese for serving. Divide remaining cheese among chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Toss tomatoes with remaining dressing; let stand while chicken is cooking.
- Add basil to tomato mixture; serve over chicken. Top with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken with Marinated Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017