We make quinoa with spinach and strawberries year-round, but it's most fun when we go to the farmers market to get the season’s first berries. —Sarah Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup shredded Dubliner or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, walnuts and quinoa. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Quinoa Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015