Strawberry Bliss Omelet
Instead of the usual ham and cheese, try dressing up eggs with strawberries and cream cheese. I first tasted this dish while vacationing at the beach. —Selina Smith, Frostburg, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Heat butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle cream cheese, brown sugar and 1 cup strawberries over 1 side. Fold omelet in half. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt. Slide omelet onto a plate; top with remaining strawberries and dust with confectioners' sugar.