Stone Fruit Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 3 medium nectarines, chopped
- 3 apricots, sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the cherries, nectarines, apricots, sugar, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine salt and remaining flour; cut in 3/4 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into two portions so that one is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Add filling; dot with remaining butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water; brush over lattice top.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 360 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2012
This looks like a beautiful pie! The combo of fruit is really fresh.I have another version of a stone fruit (with pumpkin) tart (super fast and easy) also: http://cookingripe.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/easiest-pumpkin-and-fruit-galette-tart/
Aug 20, 2012
I loved the mixture of the three types of fruit. The crust was really delicious. My pie was a little runny, so I would probably let it cool for a while before serving (I only waited around 45 minutes), so maybe an hour. And the crust stuck a little to the dish. I am sure these are things more experienced pie makers could fix (this was my first pie). I loved it!
Jul 12, 2012
Crust is surprisingly good - hard to work with at first.