Spring Salmon Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cauliflower and water. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and green onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, salt and dill until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in salmon, peas and cauliflower; heat through. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 256 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2015
Instead of canned salmon, we used fresh. And I think next time we will use a different cheese instead of Swiss...maybe provolone.
Oct 30, 2011
I am shocked at how good this tasted! I loved it and so did my three year old! I would make again!
Jan 27, 2011
This is an awesome and easy chowder recipe great for a cold winter day! The fresh herbs really add to its flavor and goodness.