- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; cook 5-8 minutes longer or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpring Pea Soup
"Although this recipe seems to represent the spring season, it also suits the crisp air that the fall brings. Super simple and simply tasty. While I'm a fan of smooth soups I also enjoy having something to chew on in them so I added chopped tomatoes, purple basil and lemon zest for a refreshing zip!"
"Very good! Plan to make again for a St. Pat's potluck luncheon."
"My six-year-old said, "Keep this recipe!""
"Not a big fan of peas myself, I made this for my granddaughter who loves them. I was surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed it too!"
"Lovely spring color!"
"A disappointment - soup was thin - too much broth - I will "doctor " it up later today -"