Love guacamole, but hate the calories and fat? Try this vibrant version with yummy peas. “We eat a lot of this and we never feel one bit guilty,” shares Carey Waterworth from Silvana, Washington.
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 cup cubed peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chips
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain and place in a food processor. Add the avocado, sour cream, onions, cilantro, lime juice, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spring Green Guacamole in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p10
Reviews forSpring Green Guacamole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"Definitely delicious....will make again repeatedly!"