Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut pie into slices; top with rhubarb sauce and reserved whipped topping.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
Anything cream cheese and rhubarb we love!! I made a rhubarb/strawberry topping for this pie and it was wonderful!! Any fruit filling would be great with this pie!!
Mar 7, 2012
great pie!!!! even with canned pie filling :)
Jun 12, 2010
This is such a yummy pie. I have made this several times, and always to rave reviews!~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.