Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut pie into slices; top with rhubarb sauce and reserved whipped topping.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2017
Anything cream cheese and rhubarb we love!! I made a rhubarb/strawberry topping for this pie and it was wonderful!! Any fruit filling would be great with this pie!!
Mar 7, 2012
great pie!!!! even with canned pie filling :)
Jun 12, 2010
This is such a yummy pie. I have made this several times, and always to rave reviews!~ Theresa