Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Sliced pimientos, optional
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 13x9-in. baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, seasonings, eggs, milk and remaining butter. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and onion. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned. Cut into squares. Garnish with pimientos if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 175 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
These are crowd pleasers! I had been making a similar recipe for years - these are much more flavorful. Everyone loved them at the holiday party I took them to. Only made a couple of minor changes: 1. used a 16 oz bag of chopped spinach 2. placed red bell pepper pieces in a pattern on the top before baking so that each square, when cut, would have a red pepper piece on it. The red pepper added great flavor and they were very festive. Delicious!
Dec 19, 2013
A definite keeper! A real hit at a recent potluck, & my husband was skeptical watching me make it, but he's a fan after he tried one.
Feb 12, 2011
This got rave reviews at a recent pot luck brunch...everyone wanted the recipe. So easy & very yummy!
Nov 19, 2010
Big hit at recent family get together. Good hot or cold (but better hot!)
Sep 19, 2010
sounds really yummy :p i love anything with cheese and spinach...thanx for the recipe :D
Aug 3, 2010
My family all enjoyed these.
Jan 7, 2010
We enjoy most all recipes that contain spinach, my daughter doesn't eat eat meat or chicken so I relish finding a great veggie dish. I substituted pepper jack for the monterey jack, it gave the dish a zippy flavor while not too hot. Made for good warm up later left overs too!
Dec 28, 2009
This was bad. No favor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.