Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Sliced pimientos, optional
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 13x9-in. baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, seasonings, eggs, milk and remaining butter. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and onion. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned. Cut into squares. Garnish with pimientos if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 175 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
These are crowd pleasers! I had been making a similar recipe for years - these are much more flavorful. Everyone loved them at the holiday party I took them to. Only made a couple of minor changes: 1. used a 16 oz bag of chopped spinach 2. placed red bell pepper pieces in a pattern on the top before baking so that each square, when cut, would have a red pepper piece on it. The red pepper added great flavor and they were very festive. Delicious!
Dec 19, 2013
A definite keeper! A real hit at a recent potluck, & my husband was skeptical watching me make it, but he's a fan after he tried one.
Feb 12, 2011
This got rave reviews at a recent pot luck brunch...everyone wanted the recipe. So easy & very yummy!
Nov 19, 2010
Big hit at recent family get together. Good hot or cold (but better hot!)
Sep 19, 2010
sounds really yummy :p i love anything with cheese and spinach...thanx for the recipe :D
Aug 3, 2010
My family all enjoyed these.
Jan 7, 2010
We enjoy most all recipes that contain spinach, my daughter doesn't eat eat meat or chicken so I relish finding a great veggie dish. I substituted pepper jack for the monterey jack, it gave the dish a zippy flavor while not too hot. Made for good warm up later left overs too!
Dec 28, 2009
This was bad. No favor.