Spinach Phyllo Triangles
These crispy pockets of spinach and feta cheese with a hint of oregano look like a lot of work, but after assembling a few, you zip through them.—Mrs. Jody McIntyre, Burns Lake, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach and oregano; cook over medium-low heat just until spinach is warmed. Drain. Remove from the heat; stir in feta cheese and set aside.
- Spray one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored cooking spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying.) Fold dough in half lengthwise; spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Cut dough in half lengthwise, forming two strips.
- Place 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of each strip. Spray with butter-flavored cooking spray, making sure all edges are sprayed and sealed. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.