- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30-45 seconds or until tender. Stir in two cans of beans, pepper and broth.
- Puree mixture using an immersion blender. Or, puree in a blender and return to pan. Stir in remaining can of beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach & White Bean Soup
"This was not a hit in my house. I don't know if I did something wrong or what but the soup ended up with a gritty texture and a little bland."
"Good soup, I added a like nutmeg and it came out great. I will make again."