- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the butter and half of the oil over medium-high heat. Saute 1 pound shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes until shrimp turns pink, 3-5 minutes; remove from pan. Repeat.
- In same pan, heat marinara sauce and cream just to a boil over medium heat, stirring to blend. Stir in spinach until wilted; add to pasta. Stir in shrimp; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Shrimp & Penne Pasta
"Made tonight, absolutely loved this, made as directed with the exception of some salt, pepper and a shake of parmesan"