Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen edamame pods
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 52 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Edamame in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.