- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 large carrots, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- In a 6 qt. stockpot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add broccoli and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Add edamame and carrots; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add vegetable mixture, dressing and pepper to noodles; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
1-1/3 cups: 414 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.