- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, curry powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9 bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill bacon-wrapped shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSpicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
"Oh these are so good if you like spicy! I used the half teaspoon of cayenne pepper this was too much for my granddaughters, but for the adults it was perfect. I look forward to making these again."
"The marinate is delish. I did not follow the cooking method; instead I baked it at 375 deg F for 15 minutes and then broiled it for a few minutes to get the char taste. All my New Years Eve party guests loved it."
"I have made this many times its always a big hit. I make in the am for an evening event, refrigerate then put in a very hot oven til warmed through,delicious"