Spiced Cranberry Crisp Cake
This cake is a cross between a fruit crisp and a moist cake. We love the festive cranberry filling with its sweet-tangy flavor and the combination of soft cake, tender fruit and crunchy topping. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. For topping, in a bowl, combine 3/4 cup cake mix, butter and water; stir in pecans. For cranberry filling, in another bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, preserves and 2 tablespoons cake mix.
- In a third bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, milk, pie spice and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer batter to a greased 13x9-in. pan. Spoon cranberry filling over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with topping to edges of pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 276 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Warm Spiced Cranberry Crisp Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017