Spiced Cranberry Crisp Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. For topping, in a bowl, combine 3/4 cup cake mix, butter and water; stir in pecans. For cranberry filling, in another bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, preserves and 2 tablespoons cake mix.
- In a third bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, milk, pie spice and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer batter to a greased 13x9-in. pan. Spoon cranberry filling over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with topping to edges of pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 276 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 12, 2019
This is perfect with coffee! Loved the lower carbs. Will definitely make again!
Nov 12, 2019
Delicious! This is a moist cake with just the right amount of sweetness/tartness. I love the crunchiness of the toasted pecans on top. The first time I make a recipe, I make it exactly as written, and this did not disappoint. The only thing was I could have baked it about 5 minutes LESS. This could be my oven, but it was a glass pan and the edges got a little dark and after it cooled, it set up and I realized that it would have been perfect about 5 or 6 minutes earlier than the 55 minutes. I didn't like having 3 different bowls going (topping, cranberries, main batter), but by the 2nd time, it will go fast. I love that it uses a cake mix. Try it, you won't be disappointed!
Nov 11, 2019
I loved it! Easy to make! Great with coffee in the morning. Shared with my son’s family and my mom. Very good feedback! This wood be great for a work or church potluck.