Carrots and green pepper make this dish colorful, which grabs attention at a potluck. The corn casserole is also great when you need to prepare a dish ahead of time—just bake it before serving. —J. Brown, Fort Dodge, Iowa
Featured In: 60 Extra-Cozy Potluck Recipes for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Special Scalloped Corn in Reminisce November/December 1999, p45
Reviews forSpecial Scalloped Corn
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2009
"This sounds really good!"