I tried this sweet and crunchy casserole out on my 80-year-old parents and they loved it! Butternut squash now has a place at our holiday table year after year. —Barbara Busch, Henrico, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable honey nut cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place squash in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until tender, 15-20. Drain; cool slightly. Process in a food processor until slightly chunky. Add pineapple, cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; process until smooth. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square dish.
- For topping, combine crushed cookies, butter and sugar; sprinkle over squash mixture. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, until edges are lightly browned, 35-40 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 521 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 11g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Honey Butternut Squash Casserole in Taste of Home November 2018