Special Radicchio-Spinach Salad
Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad combines mint, chipotle pepper and honey to create a refreshing sweet-spicy flavor combination. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 head radicchio, torn
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, oil, honey, chipotle pepper and salt. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Immediately pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 5, 2009
This was a great hit at my grandaughters graduation. I also added roasted sunflower kernels, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds; dill weed, garlic powder and dry mustard.