Sourdough Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add starter and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and, if desired, pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press lightly on each cookie to flatten. Bake until set but still soft, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Serve warm or remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 21, 2020
I'm always looking for a recipe that uses up a good amount of discard and I cannot believe that this one uses 2 cups! I was really skeptical when putting them together, plus, the recipe forgot to put salt on the ingredients list , so I added one teaspoon- Other than that I stuck to the recipe and it turned out great! I used some older discard that was quite sour and The taste did not come through at all in the cookies. I was pleasantly surprised!