- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Sausage with Pasta
"This was very tasty! I did add julienned bell peppers and used a can of Italian tomatoes. This will definitely go into my rotation for dinner."
"I like to add julienned bell peppers to be sauteed with the sausage, mushrooms and garlic. My husband has suggested onions too, but I haven't tried that yet."
"This recipe is really great you can also try it with penne pasta"