Slow Cooker Coconut Granola
Here's a versatile treat with a taste of the tropics. Mix it up by subbing dried pineapple or tropical fruits for the cherries. —Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In small bowl, whisk together oil and maple syrup. Pour into slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low, stirring occasionally, 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in cherries.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet; let stand until cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 343 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Coconut Granola in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.