Slow-Cooker Honey Nut Granola
I lightened up my friend's recipe and changed the add-ins to our tastes. It's now a family favorite! You can vary this recipe to your tastes, changing the nuts, seeds or dried fruits. —Tari Ambler, Shorewood, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Yogurt, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk honey, water, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until blended; stir into oat mixture. Cook, covered, on high until crisp, 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring well every 20 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and raisins. Spread evenly onto waxed paper or baking sheets; cool completely. Store in airtight containers. If desired, serve with yogurt.
Test Kitchen tip
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 267 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooker Maple Nut Granola in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.