- 1 pound beef stew meat (1-1/4-inch pieces)
- 3/4 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- Sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. If desired, serve with sour cream and chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Mexican Beef Soup
"This was very good! The tomatoes and chilies gave it a kick (I left out the red pepper flakes at my husband's request). I forgot to put it in the slow cooker, so I used the pressure cooker instead. Still turned out great! I used baby carrots instead of cutting them. I also served it with corn bread. We had plenty for lunch the next day, too! I'll be making this one again!"