Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. (If desired, cooking juices may be thickened before serving.)
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 336 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 56g protein.
May 12, 2020
Use an instant read thermometer to check. When chicken gets to 165 degrees, it's done. .time is not a good measure.
Apr 23, 2020
Tried it over the rice and it was dry. So next time I used 2 chicken breasts and 3_boneless thighs, added 2Tbsp of butter, the Lemon juice but instead of the seasonings substituted a package of dry Italian salad dressing. Made a nice sauce for my pasta.
Apr 23, 2020
If you eat it over rice, it needs a sauce. It is too dry. I used boneless chicken breasts and increased the seasoning a great deal, and I shredded the chicken to go over the rice. It was just too dry, but the seasoning is absolutely delicious. Next time, I may just skip the rice, but I'd rather keep it with an actual sauce.
Feb 24, 2020
Excellent! Made a few times. Reminds me of an Italian chicken we use to order at an Italian restaurant in the U.P. of Michigan
May 2, 2019
I browned in a pan then cooked in pressure cooker for 20 minutes turned out great
Jun 3, 2018
I used skinned, boneless breast filets and cooked on low for about 3 hours. Chicken was overcooked, a bit dry. Flavor is wonderful. I added baby carrots for the last hour but had to steam them separately to get them soft. When I make this again I will cook smaller pieces of chicken for a shorter time, maybe 2 hours. The taste is great and the recipe is just so easy!
Apr 11, 2018
Easy and YUMMY!!! Roasted potatoes with it. Thank you!! Will DEFINITELY make again and again!
Jan 10, 2018
We liked it, but the recipe is a little confusing. My chicken breasts are not 12 ounces - not even close. So the cooking time is too long. I would suggest with the smaller chicken breasts to cook only about 2 1/2 hours. Mine was done at that point. Much longer and it dries out.
Nov 21, 2017
So easy and a hit with everyone!
Aug 13, 2017
This is my go to recipe. DELICIOUS.