- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings. Transfer 3-1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dishes. Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 45 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Reviews forSimple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
"I just can't make any kind of enchiladas that call for canned cream soup. Ugh."
"Makes a double recipe. Eat one/freeze one!"
"I just read it but I would use corn tortillas instead. I definitely would not use flour. I'm sure for some people they would taste good like they do for your family. It's a matter of taste."
"We loved this recipe. Just added sliced black olives and a little sour cream on top. Will make again."
"Not impressed with this recipe. Was just ok a bit soggy.Will not make again. Family didn't care for it either."
"One of my husbands favorite dishes that I make! I am making it tomorrow night for dinner, too!"