- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 12 ounces frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread mixture on a round 12-in. serving platter. Top with seafood sauce. Sprinkle with shrimp, mozzarella, green pepper, tomato and onions. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Appetizer Spread
"So, just made this for tonight Easter Vigil. Wanted something cold, fast and easy to make! After reading other reviews I tweaked it. First bought raw shrimp instead of frozen (way to much sodium) used Zatarains crab shrimp boil. Cooked night before and peeled next day. Used a mix of other shredded cheeses and halved it with mozzeralla. No green pepper but used the colorful multi baby peppers instead, topped with chopped basil and sprinkled Old Bay Seasoning on top. Very tasty! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Great, the only thing l change is red pepper for green. Also l split to tow dishes. Janet. VFE"
"I'm giving this a 4 based on my guest's reviews. My rating would be 3 stars. I thought it was lacking in something. I thought it needed more flavor. Maybe using salsa instead of shrimp sauce and a larger shrimp-50 count per pound. Maybe I'll try again with the tweaks. It was very colorful and appealing."
"I made this for a New Year's Eve party and had 3 people ask me for the recipe! Definitely a successful recipe! I used Ritz crackers with it because they were on sale, but next time I will use a stronger cracker."
"made this for a Christmas party - should've used medium cocktail sauce instead of mild, for more zip. overall it was good"
"Every time I make this I get request for the recipe. I did not think I'd like it but turns out everyone I make if for loves it."
"Made this shrimp appetizer spread for Thanksgiving, it was a big hit."
"So delicious and so easy to make!"
"This tastes great!! It is a big hit at all the parties and I am constantly asked to bring it. Very tasty & very easy to make!"
"I brought this to our Holiday office party. It was a big hit. The plate was empty long before the party was over. I plan to make it this weekend for the tailgate party at the NASCAR race!!!"