Shoepeg Corn Salad
April Ingram of Sweetwater, Tennessee tosses crunchy corn, red pepper, green onions and tomatoes with mayonnaise to make this simple salad. "This is a favorite in our household. It's also a big hit at church dinners," she adds.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 5 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 140 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002